Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vivid MD skin care


I am currently living in Deerfield Beach, Florida where the humidity is intense. I previously lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico where the air is dry. Clearly there must be alternative regimens for skin care based off the type of environment. I generally found myself to have oily skin type, until I moved to higher elevation in New Mexico. I discovered a soothing skin care line called Vivid MD. I was immediately attracted to the line because it's ability to repair and renew damaged skin. The line is based out of Santa Monica, California, and generally is used by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and other medical professionals by clinical estheticians. It takes research to find somewhere near you that carries the line. However, the representatives are extremely thorough through email or telephone in ordering and discussing the products.
I became a user of tetrinoin two years ago. I find that it is effective towards preventing fine lines, as well as acne issues. When first using a topical cream such as tetrinoin, the skin experiences dryness and slight inflammation. I ordered Vivids Satin Cleanser. The natural scent is phenomenal, but that's not the only great thing about this cleanser. The cleanser was first created to treat cancer patients who experienced skin sensitivity from chemotherapy. It removes all impurities and makeup without stripping essential lipids from the skin. Rosemary Leaves Extract and Yeast help stimulate the skin, which results in firming. For soothing and preventing inflammation, Chamomile Extract and Natural Vanilla Essential Oil are used. The most important to me is the cleansing agent. The cleanser uses an antioxidant called Citric Acid, which is commonly used among skin care products. Seaweed Extract, Yeast and Natural Orange Essential Oil all aid in anti-tumorigenic and antimicrobial soothing agents. The cleanser is moisturizing and I would not recommend it to be used daily for those living in humid environments, or those who produce excess oil regularly.
For those who have acne breakouts or blackheads and sensitivity, the Purifying Whipped Cleanser would be your choice. Sebum production has been known to be a corporate in causing acne breakouts. This antibacterial cleanser helps to dissolve the over production of sebum within the dermis. The anti-inflammatory agents are Clove and Lavender. Soapwort and Watercress focus on a decongestant for skins impurities to heal and soothe acne.
The other product that I would recommend to everyone, a product I can't live without, is the Refreshing Toner. I am a firm believer in sticking to the essential four step process to maintain healthy skin: cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturize. This toner has natural exfoliant agents which is beneficial between the days that you won't perform a more abrasive exfoliant. It also contains Lactic Acid to promote cell renewal - not always an ingredient in moisturizers or cleansers.
The last product I would like to discuss, but does not conclude the line, is the Glycolic-15 Cream. A restorative (pH 3.5) cream which removes the outer layers of the epidermis for a smoother, more vibrant appearance. I have used this cream for about a year now. If your skin is more sensitive as mine is, then only use the cream once a week. If your skin can tolerate stronger exfoliants, I would recommend two times a week. This product brings a natural lightener to your skin tone and neutralizes your pigmentation. I find it beneficial toward post acne scars or photo damaged skin spots.
There are so many skin care lines out today and it's difficult to determine which one is the best. I believe experimenting to find what works best for you. If your skin begins to change, change your routine. I had to switch to the Purifying Whipped Cleanser because Florida has such high humidity. But there are still the basics that I will always use, no matter what kind of environment I live in: sunscreen!
http://www.vividmdskincare.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment